Valspar’s top tips to style Pantone’s Colour of the Year – Living Coral

Pantone’s Colour of the Year, Living Coral, is making waves in fashion and design so it’s no wonder that it’s the latest trend to take hold in the home.

Pantone Coral

Coral is an animated and optimistic shade, adding a sense of warmth and joy to any room in the house. The playful shade encourages us to find intimacy in our environments, while our lives become increasingly busy with social media and technology. With the name playing into life under the sea, the colour evokes wonder and enchantment.

Valspar Paints

To brighten up your home with this on-trend hue, opt for Valspar shade ‘Flamboyant Flamingo’. Whether you’re looking to create a statement feature wall, decorate an entire room or add a pop of colour through furniture, this shade has the power liven up and transform dull living spaces. Pair with complimentary cream colours such as ‘Ode to Joy’ or ‘Sahara Dust’ or goes bolder with orange tones like ‘Sunset in Provence’, to inject some much-needed warmth for the new year.

Coral wall paint

Valspar has over 2,000 pre-set colours to choose from and is available in Premium Blend v700 Walls & Ceilings, £28 for 2.5L, available from B&Q stores nationwide, www.valsparpaint.co.uk

What’s more, Valspar has a unique colour matching service which can colour match any shade the eye can see – that’s 2.2million colours! Therefore, shoppers can take a sample of Pantone’s official Colour of the Year Living Coral with them to their nearest B&Q to colour match the exact shade as their very own paint to take away with them.

16 Comments

1. January 21, 2019 / 5:46 pm

I LOVE coral, it is such a vibrant colour! It goes so well with the Sahara Dust colour, I think I would also pair it with a cobalt blue.

• Sabina Green
      Author
      January 22, 2019 / 1:55 pm

Oh yes it would look amazing with Cobalt Blue, very Mediterranean.

2. January 21, 2019 / 7:18 pm

We painted our lounge in a similar colour in our first home. It was so warming and cosy. Love vibrant colours like these for homes

• Sabina Green
      Author
      January 22, 2019 / 1:55 pm

We had a very similar colour in our kitchen in our first home and I loved it.

3. January 22, 2019 / 11:46 am

Well you know you’re old when you’ve seen every trend in fashion, home decor and general culture come in at least twice!! I did coral in my bedroom of the first London property I bought when I still lived in the UK in erm *cough* the late 90’s. (Our little secret!) It really is SUCH a happy colour isn’t it?

• Sabina Green
      Author
      January 22, 2019 / 1:56 pm

Haha I love your comment, I will keep your secret shhh 😉 I agree, it’s a very happy colour x

4. January 22, 2019 / 10:26 pm

Ooh I want to see what Sunset in Provence looks like on a wall, it looks like such a warm colour on screen. The other 2 colours look more muted so would suit most properties

• Sabina Green
      Author
      January 24, 2019 / 1:42 pm

I get so excited when I see such lovely warm colours, I would love to be an interior designer – it would surely be cheaper than redecorating your own home every time don’t you think?

5. January 23, 2019 / 6:22 am

I love the colour Coral. It always looks and feels so warm and inviting

• Sabina Green
      Author
      January 24, 2019 / 1:42 pm

It is such a warm colour and goes well with other palettes too 🙂

6. Wendy
    January 23, 2019 / 5:35 pm

Wow! I really love coral but would never think of painting my walls that colour, it looks amazing though xx

• Sabina Green
      Author
      January 24, 2019 / 1:43 pm

I think it would look lovely as an accent wall x

7. Amy - All about a Mummy
    January 23, 2019 / 6:43 pm

Oooo coral is so pretty. I hadn’t thought of putting it on the walls. Certainly makes a statement!

• Sabina Green
      Author
      January 24, 2019 / 1:43 pm

It does, doesn’t it? I used to have it in my old kitchen on one wall and it looked great.

• Sabina Green
      Author
      January 24, 2019 / 1:44 pm

Sometimes we need a little vibrancy in our lives 😉